If you are thinking about buying a home, whether it is your first or your last, you should definitely secure your own Buyer’s Agent well before the transaction occurs. As a buyer, you are entitled to your own representation and deserve to have a knowledgeable professional in your corner to negotiate on your behalf and work in your best interest. Please understand that if the listing agent (instead of your own) is showing you a home that they are working for the SELLER! Here are specific reasons why you should be using your own Buyer’s Agent:
- Our agency relationship is the highest professional relationship recognized by law. As my client, I am required to provide you with all the fiduciary duties of obedience, loyalty, full disclosure of information, confidentiality, accountability, and reasonable care, skill and diligence.
- I will be there for you throughout the process – that’s when we are searching for and viewing homes, during the offer, inspection/loan approval and closing process, and after closing to help tie up any loose ends.
- Buying a home is a complex and ever-changing process in terms of all of the legalities and paperwork involved. With such an important transaction, you won’t want to be on your own. I will be knowledgeable and up to date and will guide you though each step to make sure everything is done completely and correctly to avoid potential problems at closing.
- As your agent, I can make the entire process easier on you and your family. Allow me to spend the time searching listings, sending you recommendations, and setting up showings so that you can focus on your life and family without having to make all the phone calls and do the logistic work. RealBuffalo’s identity is Real Life, Real Homes, Real Simple, for a reason.
- There are many people involved in the transaction. I will be your first and most accessible contact for information and the liaison between agents, attorneys, loan officers and others. I will be one call away to answer your questions or to connect you with the right person. Also, allowing me to communicate with sellers, their agents and their attorneys, will help you to maintain the strength of your negotiating position.
- Realtors are well connected in the housing industry and with affiliated services. I can connect you with great providers such as attorneys, home inspectors, contractors, mortgage consultants, etc… If there is something you need, please ask me for a personal referral or feel free to take a look at my Friends Page for a list of trusted professionals.
- The Negotiation Process – On the average, only 1 of 21 contracts are accepted as they are written. I will be in your corner to negotiate and strengthen your position on all terms, some of which may be price, deposit, closing and possession dates, and repairs.
- In most cases, using a Buyer’s Agent doesn’t cost you anything out of pocket. Your agent’s fees are paid out of the proceeds of the sale through the listing company.
Buying a home is an emotional process. I will always offer you fair, objective and honest information and opinions to help you and your family make the best decision. With that in mind, I run my business not as a salesman, but as a consultant who will work with you and bring you to where you want to be. Working with me will allow you to enjoy the home buying process and, together, we will find the best home available. Allow me to focus on the paperwork and the legalities of the transaction, and that will allow you to focus on your lives, your families, and your move. If you’ve been considering buying a home, please contact me today so we can meet to explore plans to achieve your home ownership goals. I can’t wait to get started!